Tutorials, links, FAQ
Mobility programme for employees of the municipality of Differdange
Download the app
MobiDiff support & FAQ
If you have any problems or questions related to the use of MobiDiff, you can reach us on Whatsapp by clicking on the button above. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
N.B.: By using this button you share your mobile number with us. We commit ourselves not to pass it on to third parties!
- Download the app from one of the links above.
- Create an account on the app.
- You need an active phone number on which you will receive a verification code. Watch this video for more detailed explanations on the account creation process.
- Request to join the MobiDiff community.
- When requesting to join MobiDiff, you have to indicate your real name and email address in order for us to verify that you are an employee of the commune of Differdange.
- Once your request to join has been approved you will receive a notification.
The notifications show you that you have two services running in the background, one to detect buses via Bluetooth and one to detect cycling and walking via accelerometer and GPS.
Yes you can switch them off in your phone settings:
Application information > Notifications > Notification categories > Monitoring
Yes, the application needs an Internet connection in order to work.
Trips will not be recorded if the phone is not connected to the Internet.
- Open the app once before you leave from home:
- This will wake up the application and the phone sensors giving better accuracy.
- Open the app once after you arrived at work:
- This will refresh the status of the app and will make sure the work location is taken even if indoors, because with the app closed the location is taken only if the phone is moving, not when is resting on a desk.
- The phone number is mandatory for security purposes (account validation & password recovery).
- A nickname and a name are generated randomly at sign-up.
- The nickname can be changed from the member profile.
- An avatar picture can be uploaded.
- Location data is never kept.
- Answers to quizzes or questions may be kept unless is specified that it is an anonymised quiz/question.
- The app is looking for some special bluetooth beacons which are installed in the buses.
- Each bus has a different code.
- When you enter the bus the signal is detected and the bus icon turns green.
- If you ride the same bus for more than 4 minutes the double arrow turns green and your trip is valid.
- After you get of the bus you have 35 minutes to arrive at work/home to get the reward.
- For now, you can combine the bus with the car if you are using P+R.
Currently our beacons are deployed on the entire TICE regional bus network (140 buses), the four Diffbuses and two RGTR lines (607 & 701).
- Walk and bike detection is based on the phone accelerometer and location services running in the background on your phone.
- Location is used to detect the activity, speed, and if the start and end point of the commute are: home and work.
- No location is ever stored.
- The commute took longer than 2h.
- Location permissions not set to “Allow all the time”.
- “In vehicle” activity was detected.
- “Walking” or “on foot” or “bicycle” activity NOT detected.
- Suspicious high speed.
- Commute shorter than 150 m.
- No Internet connection.
- Sometimes, some phone models remain locked for a while in one type of activity, usually “still”or “unknown”.
- This has nothing to do with the app, so to fix it you should try to restart the phone.
- Bluetooth is off on the phone.
- Location permissions are not granted.
- The bus ride took less than 4 minutes.
- Two different busses are detected at the same time:
- If a second bus is detected before you ride 4 minutes the trip is reset (the app thinks you might have changed the bus).
- You will have to ride another 4 minutes to validate the trip.
- Normally the BLE beacons are calibrated to cover only the bus, but the signal is influenced by many factors.
- The signal is sometimes a bit stronger to cover also the more crowded buses so it can go out of the bus sometimes.
- The bus is very crowded and the phone is far from the bus bluetooth beacon.
- No Internet connection.
- Opening the app while being on the bus makes sure the sensors are woken up but more importantly the phone will have better bluetooth signal than from your pocket.
- Sitting closer to the center of the bus, means closer to the beacon, especially if the bus is crowded.